About Civil Engineering Department
The Department of Civil Engineering was started in the year 2010 offering B.E Civil Engineering and M.E (Structural Engineering). It had grown from a novice status to a renowned department in the zone, focusing on producing highly qualified, enthusiastic, charismatic Civil Engineering graduates who carries the potential to travel that extra mile in any job offered to them with a motto to achieve.
The Civil Engineering fraternity believes that there is a acute need for employable and responsible civil engineers throughout our country. Our team’s prime focus is to cater the need with utmost professionalism. Civil Engineering being the oldest engineering domain carries wide variety of applications for the society, the reason being, Our practical oriented approach, industry focused and custom made pedagogy becomes the reason being.
- Our department holds fully equipped laboratories containing hand-picked equipment’s, bought not only to fulfill the need of the curriculum, but also to serve the real purpose of industry and to provide an industry oriented training.
- Our teaching-learning process involves industry experts and adjunct faculties to enhance the student’s spectrum of knowledge and targets to bridge the gap that exists between the academic curriculum and industrial demands.
- Students are motivated to take up research projects, to carry out regular industrial and field visits, to present papers in national and international conferences and these factors enables them excel in their selected career.
- Students are engaged in consultancy work under the guidance of the faculty experts which helps them to gain practical field knowledge and excel in operating the equipment’s with Perfection after the completion of their course.
- Laboratory based experiments are conducted in real time scenario which aids the students to understand the concept behind every experiments they perform and also harness their skills in applying the learned concept when situation arises.
B.E. Civil Engineering
Duration : 4 Years (Regular) | 3 Year (Lateral)
No.of Semesters : 8 (Regular) | 6 (Lateral)
No.of Seats : 60
M.E. Structural Engineering
Duration : 2 Years (Regular)
No.of Semesters : 4 (Regular)
No.of Seats : 18
To be a centre of excellence for imparting quality education in Civil Engineering in ethical environmental and economical aspects of the global need.
To prominently train students on the progress for leadership potentials that leads to global significance.
To provide highly competent Civil Engineers to the society and industry with effective teaching and research experience.
To serve the construction industry; civil engineering profession and rural community through propagation of knowledge and technical services.
The faculties and students of Department of Civil Engineering of JSREC are actively involved in various consultancy works in and around Tamil Nadu. Engaging students for consultancy work under the guidance of the faculty experts helps them to gain practical field knowledge and excel in operating the equipments with Perfection after the completion of their course.
More details (PDF)
The Department of Civil Engineering offers a wide variety of short term value adding certificate courses to gear up the students to meet the industry demands.
These courses are conducted by the professionals and industry experts to help the students stand apart from the rest in the job market by adding further value to their resume.
Value Adding Courses offered to our students:
- Auto CADD 2D & 3D
- Stadd PRO
- Revit Architecture and Structure
- Google Sketchup
- 3D Max
- Estimation and Costing
The Library of Civil Engineering department is named “Granthalaya”, which is a Sanskrit word for ‘Library”. The library is equipped with more than 1500 books and volumes of journals, project reports of UG and PG students. A place where one can find all Civil Engineering related books starting from Basics of Civil Engineering, Building Drawing, Transportation Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, RCC Design, Environmental Engineering, Strength of Materials, Steel Structures, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Structural Analysis, Construction Technology and Construction Management etc, thus covering all Bachelors and Master’s degree level book along with certain original copies of books written by authors such as Karl Terzhagi etc.
The library also accommodates several conference proceedings, Workshop Kits, Lecture notes from FDP, STTPs attended by our faculty members and students. It also has a huge Collection Audio Visual resources on CDs, DVDs etc.
A fully functional language learning facility with multimedia projectors, headphones and audio visual equipments along with a collection of 4 TB of NPTEL content in every computer.
A full-fledged reprography facility is also available for photocopying and binding purpose. “Granthalaya” functions on all working hours to a maximum of 42 hours per week.