Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- To provide sound foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to analyze, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- To provide thorough knowledge in Electrical and Electronics Engineering subjects including theoretical knowledge and practical training for preparing physical models pertaining to Electric circuit theory, Electrical AC and DC machines, Electromagnetic Theory, Power Electronics components like Inverters, converters, AC and DC based Drives, Special electrical machines, Power systems components and its optimization, Power Quality, Control System, Microprocessor and Microcontroller, Bio Medical Instrumentation, Measurement and Instrumentation.
- To provide relevant engineering experience in designing and conducting experiments as well as analyzing the significance of the experimental data.
- To impart technical knowledge, ethical values for professional development of the student to solve complex problems and to work in multi disciplinary ambience, whose solutions lead to significant societal benefits.
Programme Outcomes (PO’s)
The outcomes of departments are that the students after successful completion of the course will acquire:
- An ability to apply knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering subjects.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments to interpret data and analyze the results.
- Ability to utilize experimental, statistical and computational methods and tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design electrical and electronic circuits, power electronics, power systems; electrical machines analyze and interpret data and also an ability to design digital and analog systems and programming them.
- To gain knowledge on contemporary issues.
- An ability to design system components or processes to satisfy the needs of the society within realistic constraints such as economical, social, political, ethical, health, safety and manufacturing.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to understand professional and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to gain knowledge to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, environmental and societal context.
- An ability to understand the need and engage in life-long learning process.