Eco-club plays an important role in spreading environmental awareness among students and mobilizing their participation in environment related activities. A group of people who are interested in doing something for environment can achieve much more than an individual can do. All sorts of clubs can be formed, but an eco-club will enable us to do positive about the environment.
Eco-clubs gives us important platform to create awareness about environment and sustainable development issues. Jay Shriram group of institutions has already installed Rain water harvesting system in our college campus with an aim of recharging ground water. Every year, in co-ordination with NSS, tree plantation is initiated by the club.
The activities under the scheme include:
- Motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
- Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
- Educate students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Organize tree plantation programmes, awareness programmes such as Quiz, essay, painting competitions, etc. regarding various environmental issues and educate students about re-use of waste material & preparation of products out of waste.
The inauguration of the Eco Club in our college, campus marked as another day of our nature's birth in the minds of the future generation.
The day bloomed with the invocation and by our prayer followed by lighting the candle by the dignitaries. The welcome speech was addressed by our Eco Club member Ms.M.Dharshna Devi AP/Civil
In the principal address our beloved Principal Dr.S.Nithiyanandam present a brief agenda and discussed about the energy resources and future generation
The Honorable Chief Guest Mr.Marutham Kumar (Managing trustee, Vanagam nammalvar-Ecological Foundation, Karur) creates awareness like Rain water harvesting, solid waste management, Natural fertilizers etc. Our honorable chief guest Mr.A.Baskaran, Educational facilitator, Vanagam Nammalvar-Ecological Foundation Tiruvannamalai, addressed the gathering by planting a seed in the entire individual's heart by giving an awareness of our mother 'Nature'. Their speech motivated all of us to nurture our surroundings with utmost care. He says "Our responsibility does not stop after planting the tree but also should have a regular check on how the plant grows. The future is this generation and the responsibility rests within the hands of this era to reflect the city into a Green City".
At last the screen of the show was brought down with the delivery of vote of thanks and the National Anthem