PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs) - B.E Civil Engineering
"In the present context, higher learning institutions offering engineering programme in India have evolved into adopting an outcome based education. The performance of any programme is evaluated based on the outcome of the graduates rather than outputs. The Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)formulated for the Civil Engineering programme are listed below; "
"Graduates of Civil Engineering Programme after a few years of Graduation will acquire their ability to : "
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs) - B.E Civil Engineering
Following are the list of Programme Outcomes (POs) selected for the Civil Engineering programme
The students should be able to acquire the following outcomes by fulfilling the objectives (POs) after successful completion of the courses.
1. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to solve Civil Engineering problems and design the Civil Engineering projects
2. An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data related to Civil Engineering
3. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
4. An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams in construction related activities
5. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems
6. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility while discharging Civil Engineering related works
7. An ability to communicate and present the Civil Engineering concepts effectively
8. Acquire broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
9. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning to update the knowledge in Civil Engineering field
10. A knowledge of contemporary issues related to Civil Engineering practice
11. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for Civil Engineering practice and project management.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs) - M.E Structural Engineering
1. Design Competency: Graduates with strong analytical and design knowledge will make them fit their professional career in industry.
2. Life- long Learning: Graduates engage themselves in life-long learning and research activities to solve advanced technological, social, economic and environmental problems.
3. Entrepreneurship: Graduates will excel in their profession with teamwork and leadership qualities in executing the multidisciplinary projects with ethical standards.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs) - M.E Structural Engineering
The structural engineering graduates after the completion of the programme will have the following capabilities.
1. To demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science and basic engineering principles.
2. To analyze and design various components of structures and conduct experiments to interpret data.
3. To design advanced structural engineering elements and structures.
4. To execute and manage the multidisciplinary projects with global standards.
5. To critically identify, formulate and solve structural engineering problems.
6. To demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
7. To possess excellent communication skills.
8. To have the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic and societal context and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
9. To develop confidence for self-education and ability for life-long learning and research activities.
10. To demonstrate knowledge of advanced mathematics to analyze and solve Complex structural engineering design problems.
11. To use modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyze problems.